This article provides instructions on how to perform an in-place upgrade from Raspbian Jessie to Raspbian Stretch on the Raspberry Pi.
The entire process can be performed remotely using SSH.
Raspbian specific enhancements to Debian Stretch:
- Chromium 60
- Sonic Pi 3.0.1
- RealVNC 6.1.1
- Node-RED 0.17.4
- Bluetooth Audio routed via ALSA rather than PulseAudio
- Scratch 2 with SenseHAT extension
- Various desktop applications modified to prompt for sudo password if needed
- Simplified control options for mouse speed (lxinput)
- lxpanel plugins moved into separate packages
- Fix for the Broadpwn exploit
- Latest kernel and firmware
- Various small tweaks, bug fixes and theme modifications
The Shortlink to this post is https://wp.me/p9mh5O-d.
If you found this post helpful or useful in some way, please help us by doing the following:
- Like or link to this post from your favourite social media platforms;
- Click our advertisers banners;
- Make a Purchase through our associates links;
- Make a Paypal Donation;
- Leave a Reply below.
|⇓ Last||Page||Next ⇒|