|⇐ Back||Page||Next ⇒|
The main features of the Dell Latitude D630 included:
- 14.1-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display with resolution options of 1280 x 800 WXGA and 1440 x 900 WXGA+;
- Choice of Low-Power Integrated Graphics or Performance Discrete Graphics options;
- 5,400 RPM and 7,200 RPM HDD options;
- 56K Modem (PSTN); and
- Docking connector;
The Dell Latitude D630 was available with six different Central Processing Unit (CPU) options:
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 @ 1.80 GHz, 2 MB L2, 35 W TDP, 65 nm
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2, 35 W TDP, 65 nm
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00 GHz, 4 MB L2, 35 W TDP, 45 nm
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2, 35 W TDP, 65 nm
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 @ 2.40 GHz, 4 MB L2, 35 W TDP, 65 nm
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7800 @ 2.60 GHz, 4 MB L2, 35 W TDP, 65 nm
These processors are all Dual Core, but do not support Hyper-Threading technology (2C/2T).
The Dell Latitude D630 was available with two Mobile Express chipsets options:
The difference being that the GM chipset includes the GMA X3100 integrated graphics controller, whereas the PM chipset provides just a 16-Lane PCI-Express 1.1 (PCIe x16) interface for use with a discrete graphics controller.
Both chipset are otherwise identical, and feature an 800 MHz FSB and support for DDR2 533/667 in a dual memory channel configuration. According to Intel, the chipset supports up to 4 GB of memory.
The Intel 965 chipset is paired with the Intel 82801HEM Mobile Enhanced I/O Controller Hub (ICH8) providing SATA 3.0Gbps, USB 2.0 and AMT support.
The Dell Latitude D630 has two memory slots, one accessed from beneath the keyboard (DIMM A), and the other accessed from the bottom of the laptop (DIMM B). These slots are configured in a dual memory channel configuration, and support DDR2 200-pin SO-DIMMs at 533/667 MHz. DDR2 800 MHz modules can also be used, but will only be clocked at 667 MHz.
Although Intel states that the 965 chipset only supports up to 4 GB of memory, it has been widely demonstrated that the Dell Latitude D630 does actually support up to 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) of memory.
Two Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) options where provided with the Dell Latitude D630:
- Intel GMA X3100, 8 Pipelines @ 500 MHz, Shared Memory (Max 256 MB), 90 nm
- Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M, 16 CUDA @ 400 MHz, 128 MB GDDR3 @ 600 MHz, 80 nm
As discussed above, the Intel GMA X3100 is an integrated graphics Low-Power solution that is part of the 82GM965 chipset, whereas the Nvidia Quadro NVS 135 is a discrete graphics Performance solution with its’ own dedicated video memory.
The Storage Bay is located on the left side of the laptop and accepts a SATA 3.0 Gbps 2.5-inch Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD).
The Modular Bay is located on the right side of the laptop can be used for one of the following options:
- CD/DVD Optical Drive;
- 3.5-Inch Floppy Diskette Drive (FDD);
- 2.5-inch Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD);
- Li-ion 6-cell Battery module, 11.1VDC @ 48Wh
The Dell Latitude D630 features an on-board Broadcom NetXtreme 5700 series Gigabit Ethernet controller for fixed networking.
There were five wireless networking options:
- Dell Wireless 1390 (802.11g), 2.4 GHz
- Dell Wireless 1490 (802.11a/g), 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz
- Dell Wireless 1505 (802.11a/g/n), 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 3945AG (802.11a/g), 2.4 GHz
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (802.11a/g/n), 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz
Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity is provided using the Dell Truemobile 360 Bluetooth + EDR module.
- 1 x VGA analogue output
- 1 x Serial (RS232) connector
- 1 x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet connector
- 1 x RJ11 Modem/PSTN connector
- 4 x USB 2.0 Type A connectors
- 1 x FireWire (IEEE 1394) connector
- 1 x ExpressCard/34 (34 mm wide) slot
- 1 x Integrated Smart Card reader
- 1 x Line-Out/Headphone mini-stereo 3.5 mm jack
- 1 x Line-In/Microphone mini-stereo 3.5 mm jack
- 1 x Docking connector
- 1 x Power Input 19.5VDC @ 4.62A
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
- UPEK Fingerprint Reader available as an option.
- Li-ion 6-cell Battery module (PC764), 11.1VDC @ 56Wh
- Li-ion 9-cell Battery module (TC030), 11.1VDC @ 85Wh
- Mains Power Adapter (PA-10), Input: 100-240VAC (50-60Hz) @ 1.5A, Output: 19.5VDC @ 4.62A (90W)
- Mains Power Adapter (PA-12), Input: 100-240VAC (50-60Hz) @ 1.5A, Output: 19.5VDC @ 3.34A (65W)
|⇐ Back||Page||Next ⇒|